The training opportunities CPT offers are the most comprehensive of any club in the Region. There is at least one session every day of most weeks for Adult members and at least four sessions a week for our Junior members.
Before joining you are welcome to try two sessions to help you decide.
Coached sessions cater for all abilities (unless otherwise indicated beforehand) and will be configured for the ability range present.
Find out more about our great value Annual Training Fee which must be paid by all members in order to attend sessions. We no longer have a Pay As You Go option..
Please check the weekly Training schedule to ensure the session you want to attend is actually running.
• Regular training sessions
Check the training schedule for Saturday morning sessions, open water sessions and other extended training opportunities such as camps and trips.
• Annual training programme
Whether you are following your own training programme and using the Club sessions to support this, or using the Club’s structure of sessions to guide you, the following information is important.
Our coached sessions are based on an overall Annual Training Plan which focuses on Base Training and Preparation during the Winter months and gradually increases session intensities through the Spring in preparation for Competition through the Summer months. See link below for details.
- CPT annual training plan (PDF)
Our coaches also recommend the use of a Heart Rate Monitor and your Heart Rate Zones for training purposes to get the most out of your time training. This is obviously not compulsory but be sure to make the coach at any session is aware if you are using one and need help or guidance on using it effectively.
• Links to training tips and plans
- Is it OK to exercise when sick?
- Cross-training for the triathlon off-season
- Hit your perfect racing weight this season
- What to do now for a strong 2013 race season
- 3 advanced ab workouts for a tight core
- The hour-twenty training plan
- When are you ready to race Ironman?
- Half Ironman training plan from Trifuel.com
- 10 week Sprint training schedule from Triathlete's World
- 10 week Olympic training schedule from Triathlete's World
- Online training plans and training log from Triathlete Europe